Blog your answers to the following questions. 6th period, we were ahead and did #1 in class, so omit #1 as we discussed.
- Cite two examples of parallel syntax and explain their effect. (1st period only)
- Consider the organization of the essay, noting particularly the section about the gerbils (paragraphs 17-25). How does that section contribute to the overall effect?
- Read paragraph 20. Explain the purpose of Sanders’s reference to the grand events included there.
- Explain the rhetorical effect of the allusions that Sanders includes in paragraph 25.
- Read carefully the final sentence of the essay. Discuss the effectiveness of concluding with this selection of details.