DGP Update: 2nd period missed the threshold by 10.7 percentage points...so the quest continues.
This synthesis paper will be on Entering the Conversation question number 3 on page 787 (in the popular culture conversation section we’ve been working on). Note that you must use at least three of our conversation sources, though you may also use any of the pop culture essays and articles we’ve read in class as well as our discussion and the Merchants of Cool video.
We will have the next couple of days in class to work on this. Please be ready to write so I can help you.
Synthesis Paper Requirements:
- 1200 words
- MLA format (page style, in-text citations, and works cited page — see MLA at Owl and Easybib links under the AP heading to the left as well as this post for class MLA modifications for help on this)
- Synthesize at least three sources from the conversation section (other sources are okay, but not required on this essay)
- Rough draft due Tuesday, April 13th for 1st period
- Rough draft due Wednesday, April 14th for 2nd period
- Final Draft Due Friday, April 16th
- Remember that your argument is paramount and your sources are there to support you, not the other way around
- Key notes on Synthesis in our book are in chapter 3, especially the last sentence before the new section on page 62; the paragraph beginning “Sources should enhance” on page 65; and pages 81-85
- Finish early and revise! When you revise, think about the following:
- These revision guidelines
- how your sources interact with your audience (see p.69 ff.)
- remember that this is an argument, it’s just one that is both informed and formally supported
- Write a clear, convincing, awesome essay!