Your assignment is to write a researched response to prompt #3 from the Entering the Conversation section on page 787 of your textbooks. Since we spent half an hour discussing that prompt on Monday, I'm a bit concerned that some of you didn't know what the paper was about.
- 1200 words long
- Full MLA format (see MLA OWL link to sample pages on the blog)
- Use at least three sources from the conversation section that corresponds to your topic
- Use at least 2 outside sources – acceptable sources include:
- Books (Google Books okay)
- Reputable periodicals such as Harpers, The Atlantic, The New York Times, The Seattle Times, etc.
- Any ProQuest resource (see here for the login info)
- Other essays from our book outside the pop culture conversation section
- The Merchants of Cool
- Interviews with knowledgeable individuals
- Many websites are questionable sources and Wikipedia is verboten.
These papers will graded with the concerns of the AP synthesis rubric in mind, though since this is not a rough draft an increased emphasis will be placed on format and conventions.
For the article about the brain and persuasion we discussed the other day, click here.