Monday, January 14, 2013

This I Believe Paper

Ninja Nakayla Chan
Your This I Believe essay is due on Tuesday January 22nd. It should be uploaded to your blog and you will be reading it aloud in class as well. I will read along and grade the live presentation. Here are the requirements adapted from the This I Believe submission page (I encourage you to submit them to This I Believe if you wish). Keep the following in mind when you write your essay:
  1. Limit your essay to 350-500 words.
  2. Describe an event that shaped your beliefs or a person who inspired them.
  3. Avoid sermons and editorials—no soapbox declamations, please!
  4. Read more of the This I Believe essay-writing tips.
You can peruse multiple examples at http://thisibelieve.org. Often the ones put on the radio are a bit better, but not necessarily so.

Andrea Kang's (Class of 2009) This I Believe essay. They re-posted it from its original posting so all of the comments are gone, but her essay is there.


MLK day note: Did anyone else recognize some rhetoric echos in President Obama's inaugural address this morning? Maybe we'll take a look at that after finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment