Format of Assessment
Section I - Part A: Multiple Choice | 55 Questions | 55 Minutes | 40% of Exam Score
- Questions appear in sets of 2-5.
- Students analyze historical texts, interpretations, and evidence.
- Primary and secondary sources, images, graphs, and maps are included.
Section I - Part B: Short Answer | 4 Questions | 50 Minutes | 20% of Exam Score
- Questions provide opportunities for students to demonstrate what they know best.
- Some questions include texts, images, graphs, or maps.
Section II - Part A: Document Based | 1 Question | 55 Minutes | 25% of Exam Score
- Analyze and synthesize historical data.
- Assess written, quantitative, or visual materials as historical evidence.
Section II - Part B: Long Essay | 1 Question | 35 Minutes | 15% of Exam Score
- Students select one question among two.
- Explain and analyze significant issues in U.S. history.
- Develop an argument supported by an analysis of historical evidence.