Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Shooting an Elephant

Good work today digging through the details of the first three paragraphs of this text.  As you get better at finding the interesting details, then we should work on the type of questions you can ask to help them all make sense.  I know I’m asking you to think a lot, but consider what those questions might be as you do tonight’s reading.

So for tonight, finish reading the rest of the essay found on page 979 of our textbooks, making notes on style, rhetoric, plot, character, and theme for tomorrow.


We will use these notes.

Don’t forget your DGP like I did today!  We’ll do Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s work tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I forgot my book at school today. I was wondering if I could finish it tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always try the internet: http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/887/ Sometimes you get lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete