Thursday, September 29, 2011

I know why the Caged Bird Can't Read...uh, it's a bird.

Finish reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Can't Read that we began in class today. Please read it with a dictionary handy (experiment: can a high school student use dictionary.com without also stopping to use facebook/spotify/tumblr/twitter/etc?); Prose's prose is rich and varied and can be either a delight or a difficulty depending on your reading vocabulary and fluency. Do your best to understand her argument and the moves she makes in that argument.

I know I told 4th period there would be questions, and there will be, but tonight I want you to just read and do your best to understand the essay and her language. Tomorrow we will discuss the essay and work in groups on the questions. Whatever isn't finished in class, will be homework. For Monday, please have blogged all assigned questions.

See the calendar. In order to make time for this and give you a bit more time to prep for the quiz, I'm moving the SAT Vocab 3 quiz to Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment