Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Timed Write and your paper

Look over your timed write tonight and evaluate it. Give it a score using the rubric. Then, using the question leader's comments as a model, write a descriptive defense of your score. Do NOT post this to your blog, but write it at the end of your essay or attach it to the back on a separate sheet of paper. Do NOT put it in front. I want to read these before I see your scores.

Good job today with your comments on the models.  Both classes had some good observations and were pretty accurate with the scoring, though 5th period was really hating on the 5. They wanted to give it a 2. :)

To turn in your metacognition paper:

  1. Make sure it is in MLA format.
  2. Remove all comments from me and your peers. It should be a clean copy. (You should still be able to see the comments if you look in the revision history).
  3. Share it with me.
  4. Make sure the file is named correctly, or it will be invisible, deleted, late, etc. (I'm not kidding [insert stern expression here].)
  5. Do all of this before 2:30 PM on Thursday September 30, 2010
  6. DO NOT change the file after that time.

We'll see how this goes. So far I've liked being able to comment in papers, even when someone is at my desk asking for help as they then have those comments when they go to work on it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment